Sunday, January 3, 2010

Santa Stopped By....

Waiting on the stairs to see what Santa brought (although Jayne had already snuck down and peaked, I heard her do it and laughed. At least she admitted it and didn't lie when we asked her.)

We had a wonderful Christmas! Filled with lots of fun and many memories. The kids loved every bit of it, which made it so much fun for us. I ended up with my camera but no camera card when we went on our pre-christmas trip! So I'm still waiting for pictures to be sent to me from my sister/in-laws. I was so bummed. I'll post a few more when I get them.

We had a wonderful 5 days in Palm Desert prior to Christmas with Jason's family. We had lots of playing, great meals, great company, and beautiful weather. We headed back Christmas Eve day and stopped by my parents and grandparents house for festivities and dinner. We finally made it home around 10pm and Jason and my night began! We finished unloading the car and getting everything setup around 1:30am. We were tired. Luckily, our kids slept in till about 7:45, since they were so tired too. We were able to stretch out opening presents, a big breakfast, and playing with all the new toys till around noon. We had lunch, a nap, opened a last few presents, and then went on a hunt to find a place for dinner on Christmas night. We'd been gone for over a week and had no fresh groceries, and we found out almost every restaurant is closed Christmas night! So we ended up at Champs sports bar, watching the Chargers game, as it was the only restaurant open around us for about 10 miles. We had a great time. It seems like the celebrating has just kept going and going! We've had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
Jayne with her new Kitchen from Santa!
Ryan with his new Basketball Hoop and Little People Farm & House from Santa!
Jayne was so excited and couldn't wait to open everything! Ryan was happy with just 1 toy. We had to practically force him to open anything else. He could have played with 1 thing all day. Boy how that changes when they get older!!
One of the last presents we opened was a new Wii from Santa!! We were so surprised and excited! I've been wanting one for years! So I was thrilled!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

It looks like you hit the jackpot with Santa! :) Merry Christmas!

Sharyn Seymour said...

Jayne is adorable with her phone and cooking. I wonder where she's seen that before! Ryan was so fun to watch with his presents. He really enjoyed them all.

The Jonas Family said...

We did not have our camera either in Palm Desert, so I am hoping Shan and Jen have pictures to share!! :)

Looks like your family had a great Christmas!