I know it's early but Happy Pioneer Day! Today my parent's ward had a primary activity and it was all about Pioneers in honor of the upcoming holiday. My mom made Jayne and I matching outfits for the activity. Jayne went to play and I helped my mom. She was in charge of the craft. We made this adorable little game for the boys with the wooden circles and string and we made handkerchief dolls for the girls. The whole activity was super cute. Ryan wore overalls for his costume since he never wears them otherwise. I'm excited about having our cute pioneer outfits now too! As a mormon, you always gotta have your pioneer outfit ready for all the pioneer celebrating and reenactments that are always happening. Funny when you stop and think about it. I do have to admit I'm a proud "Daughter of the Utah Pioneers" and it crossed my mind more than a few times when I had Ryan with no epidural that I am proud to come from some strong Pioneer stock!! I know I can dig deep when necessary :-) Happy July 24th!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Happy Pioneer Day!
I know it's early but Happy Pioneer Day! Today my parent's ward had a primary activity and it was all about Pioneers in honor of the upcoming holiday. My mom made Jayne and I matching outfits for the activity. Jayne went to play and I helped my mom. She was in charge of the craft. We made this adorable little game for the boys with the wooden circles and string and we made handkerchief dolls for the girls. The whole activity was super cute. Ryan wore overalls for his costume since he never wears them otherwise. I'm excited about having our cute pioneer outfits now too! As a mormon, you always gotta have your pioneer outfit ready for all the pioneer celebrating and reenactments that are always happening. Funny when you stop and think about it. I do have to admit I'm a proud "Daughter of the Utah Pioneers" and it crossed my mind more than a few times when I had Ryan with no epidural that I am proud to come from some strong Pioneer stock!! I know I can dig deep when necessary :-) Happy July 24th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
NO EPIDURAL!!! Was that by choice or circumstance? Glad you had such a great week. The Nordstrom sale was the talk of our ward this week. We're not quite there yet! Happy Pioneer Day~
Not by choice! I was already at a 9 when I got to the hospital so they told me I couldn't have one. I literally cried! Jason had to pick me back up and tell me I could do it with out it but it had never occurred to me to even try (I mean why would you!). I think it was more mental because I'd been planning on the epidural so I really had to mentally shift gears. But I made it, so if that happens again (not by choice) at least I'll know I can do it!
Yeah, normally I save all my birthday money, any little extra money I earn doing anything and save it for the Nord. sale. I haven't had money to go the past few years and I was pregnant last year, which is why his present was such a fun special treat! I was so surprised obviously since I wasn't graduating, but it was his thank you for helping/supporting for the 3 years! So I'll take it. It was fun. :-)
So Cute! I am still impressed that you and Jayne showed up in matching outfits. I'm so glad you have moved down here! Next month we'll have fun in the sun!
Post a Comment