Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March Madness

March has been crazy. Along with trying to find a new job, our family has spent the month having every medical procedure we've ever thought about doing done. The most major being a thorough full body cancer scan for me. I have bloodwork done regularly but I haven't done a full body scan in over 5 years so I was due. I found out Tuesday morning that I am still cancer free! I wasn't too nervous about it overall, but you never know. It's great peace of mind! I did the procedure in LA with a Dr. I really like so we got to spend a few days back in Burbank with our friends! We loved it! We went to the Zoo with a bunch of friends and got to hang out and also got some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a fun week.

My mom went with me to LA for the actual scan on Friday while Jason took the kids for the day. When we got back to our house my mom loaded up the kids and took them with her for the night! Yep, that's right, the first solo over-night stay since Ryan was born! And let me tell you, we enjoyed every second until they came back the following night! Thanks Mom and Dad! We slept in till 10am! It felt like a vacation. And we needed it. It's been a very stressful month, topped off by this big scan. We went out to eat, played tennis, laid by the pool. It was wonderful. And they said the kids were really great and Ryan slept over 10 hours that night for them! I'm hoping they were so good that they'll have them back again soon :-)

On Sunday Jayne gave her first talk in Church! I made some visual aids to help her remember it and she did it! She memorized the entire several minute talk and did fantastic. I helped hold her visual aids after she held it up but otherwise she did it completely on her own! She wore her new Easter dress my mom made for her over the weekend and Jason's parents came down to see her. After church we went to Jen's for our nephew Jake's birthday. It was a very eventful weekend, but so much fun!!

Thanks to everyone for their help and well wishes this past month with everything we've been doing! On to Easter....
Jayne had so much fun seeing all of her LA friends again!
Jayne in her new Easter dress ready to give her first talk!
The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. Happy Birthday Jake!

3 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

March flew by FAST! Now onto April with General Conference and Easter. We have the Ossmens coming this weekend, tomorrow, and the Watkins next weekend, Easter Sunday. We are looking forward to it!

Glad to hear all, or most of all is well with you and your family. Keep us updated. Are you moving anytime soon? You are welcome to come out and visit you know.

Trina said...

Thanks Jenni! Yeah, everyone's headed out to see you! We'll hopefully get out again soon. Jayne keeps talking about going to see Brandon and Taylor where the cactus are. No, not moving anytime soon. We'll keep you posted.

Danna said...

Glad to hear your scan was clear Trina, hope life resumes just the normal crazyness soon! :) I SO miss having Grandpa near by for those overnighters!! :)