Thursday, February 11, 2010
Hair Cut
First off, my kids have a ton of hair. Both mine and Jason's hair is really thick. So both kids were born with lots of hair. Ryan was born with this beautiful head of black hair.
He's needed hair cuts from about 6 months on! He's not quite 2 yet and already a regular at Super Cuts or Cost Cuts. And even at those places it's $12-$15 bucks a pop. So I usually get it cut really short so we don't have to come back for like 8 weeks or so and by then it's looking silly. So I bought one of these...
On sale for $20 at Costco. Has everything I need to do it myself. If I can figure this out, it's going to save me a boodle by the time he's old, especially if I have any more boys :-) So I tried it out today. His hair was about an inch and a half past his ears. What do you think?? The front's a little messed up cause we'd already had dinner and he's been playing a while, but not to shabby for my first time. I think it's at least as good as super cuts. They always leave big wholes. I don't have any wholes. And I didn't have to go crazy short cause now I can just keep it up on a regular basis :-) Yeah!! I'm gonna figure this thing out!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Great job! Best investment ever! I got a set a couple of years ago cause I started cutting Justin's hair for the same reason. I started cutting Zach's hair cause he gets hysterical when it's cut (even for me). So going to the barber is always traumatic. At least at home I can keep at it till it gets done . . . or on bad haircut days just buzz it even all over without paying $10 bucks for it! Happy hair cutting!
Nice Trina! The trick is, does he hold still for you? I hear it is good to put them in their highchair watching a movie and with a sucker! I am impressed. I couldn't do it. My kids would give me trouble!
So, now is Jason going to let you cut his hair?
So funny! Kiersten, I didn't know you did your boys hair. Wow, you're good. I need some tips :-) Jenni- He does hold still for about 10 minutes and I do give him a sucker. But today took me longer cause I started with really big attachments and worked my way down cause I didn't know what I was doing. It will be quicker next time. But he was still pretty good.
Post a Comment