Our Valentines celebrating has begun. Jayne worked very hard on her valentines this year. In the past I've always bought whatever store made card she wanted and attached some candy. This year, I decided to let Jayne get creative.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Valentines Week Begins....
The day after Christmas Jayne says, "I guess it's time for Valentines day." What! We haven't put our gifts or tree away yet! But wow, time flew by and the holiday she has been eagerly awaiting has finally arrived.....
I cut up a bunch of hearts in different sizes, some paper for the main part of the card, some print outs that said Happy Valentines Day, some doily lace hearts, come glue, sparkles, and pens and let Jayne make whatever she wanted. She had to do 11 for her class plus 2 for her teachers. It took her about 2 hours, but they turned out so cute! It was hard for me to resist trying to tell her where to put stuff, but I did resist! :-) They were all her.
The best part was Jayne saying last night, " I love making these Valentines Mom. My favorite part is making these with you." Yes, she really said that. And I thought, wow, this is way more fun than the store bought cards. We might not go back now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
She is adorable! So fun!
ok first of all jayne's outfit is so adorable!! Perfect for Valentines Day! And how cute those cards are! She is going to be creative just like her mom! Precious!
Cute Valentine's cards Jayne! I love them!
We just went for the store bought cards this year, but I will have to try out making them with the kids, maybe next year. They each picked their own Valentine's styles out though. Brandon got basketball cards and Taylor got fairy cards.
Adorable! Definitely more fun than the store-bought cards. You are so creative Trina. Love Love Love it.
Post a Comment