Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Lemonade Stand & Trip to Grandma's

Right before we left on our trip to Montana, the kids and I got to visit my parents house for a few days. It's always fun. Jayne and Ryan wanted to have a lemonade stand as one of our summer activities. I told them they could do this, but only at Grandma's house on the family property. We called cousin Brooklynn over for reinforcements and got to work. My mom had the idea and supplies to make their stand. I had a really awesome recipe for the lemonade. The girls went and picked fresh lemon's from Great Grandma Dover's tree, and made choc. chip cookies to go with it. I called/emailed everyone on "the hill" to come by and see the kids. They had SOOOOO much fun! And made quite a bit too (Thank you family!). I'm sure they'll want to do this every summer now since it was such a hit!
Getting the Stand Ready
In Business
Ryan never left their side all afternoon. He was in heaven, especially when aunts and uncles would keep buying him cookies and drinks :-)

Before school started Jayne got to spend a little time at my parent's house playing. She had so much fun with my mom (we might have to give this tradition a name, like Grandma Camp). They had a fancy tea party, sewed a beautiful dress, made cookies, got their nails done, Jayne finished another doll blanket on her sewing machine, and they wanted to go to the pier and get ice cream at Ruby's. So much fun! Thanks mom and dad!!
The boys and I got to join in the last day fun and get ice cream on the pier. I can't wait till the boys get to go to grandpa's camp and learn to surf and go play golf together.
Here's Jayne with her fancy nails (that was her first time getting them done at a nail salon!) and her new Hawaiin dress headed out to dinner.

No comments: