Sunday, June 8, 2008

Last Mommy & Me with Jayne



Friday, Jayne and I went to our last mommy & me class together! This made me sad. We started going to classes when she was 16 months (same time we moved to Burbank). I was so excited she was finally old enough to do this! We started with a music class and a tiny tot reading program at the library, and we've been taking classes together (2-3 a week) ever since. We've done more music, art/painting, gymnastics, swimming, dancing, the library program, and a preschool class every semester. I have LOVED having this time with her. We've only had Ryan with us for the last semester, and he's still little so it wasn't bad. I'm going to be putting Jayne into a real (ie. by herself) preschool this fall just 2 days a week for a few hours. I'll miss her, but I know she'll love it. She's so social, loves to make friends, and is very smart. I do a lot with her at home and she just loves it. She begs for family night every night and our "poster time" which is when I do little educational activities with her like numbers, letters, flannel board stories, tracing, etc. She loves books and really wants to be able to read.

I also realized that I'll now have about a year "off" before Ryan is old enough to start our mommy & me classes together. And if we continue spacing our kids about the same apart, I should get to enjoy some mommy & me time with him before more arrivals. (that's the plan anyway) Burbank has had a fantastic preschool age program through their parks and rec that we have really loved. We will miss these classes, our friends, and wonderful teachers we've enjoyed these past 2 years!

Our Last Class


This was how old Jayne was when we started mommy & me at 16 months. I didn't think to bring my camera to our first class together. I'll remember for future children :-)

2 comments:

Sharyn Seymour said...

Jayne has the perfect beauty pagaent pose! She is a natural. I wish I could have seen her dance show. She has grown up so much and Ryan is a big "boy"! I can't wait to see him and give him a kiss.

Sharyn Seymour said...

I love you Jayne - you a perfect little dancer and swimmer. I can't wait to see you. We can make cookies and read books.