Tuesday, September 9, 2008

1st Day of Preschool


Thumbs up! Jayne and I were both looking forward to her first day of Preschool. It's only 3 hours a day, twice a week, but it will be a great experience for Jayne and a great experience for me to have some one on one time with Ryan. It's going to be wonderful but I'm also loosing my buddy a little bit as she takes her first little step into the world on her own. Jayne is such a joy in our lives and family. She is very smart, sweet, kind, loving, and tries hard to make good choices. She is competitive by nature and always tries to do her best. She is very social and loves to make friends. She didn't have any separation anxiety. She was excited to go and posing for pictures! She knew I'd be there for her when the time was up and off she went. I was a little sad but sure I'll get over it :-) I'm excited to see how Jayne will do on her own as she develops her independence from me and continues to develop her personality. We had fun doing her nails and hair and picking out her new outfit. I already had to lay down the law that she is NOT allowed to wear makeup to school. She really tried to talk me into it (she's quite the negotiator, which she got from her dad!), so we compromised on some chapstick. We love Jayne so much and are very proud of her!

She LOVED her first day! She said she got to read books, paint, do playdough, and play outside on the slide and in the playhouse. All this and it was a short day. She already knew one friend in the class, Caden, so she said they played together too. She is excited to go back so I think it was a good day! We met her Dad for lunch right after so she could tell him all about it, which added to our really fun day!

The school shot by the tree


In front of her class

In her classroom

With her teachers Mrs. Bell and Mrs. Senertia

1 comment:

The Jonas Family said...

I love that Brandon and Taylor go to preschool too! Brandon does great, Taylor on the other hand still cries a little when she is dropped off, but other than that she is fine and has a good day. Time just flies though.