Monday, November 24, 2008

Great Weekend: Part 2

Sunday was a great day too. Woke up and had french toast (my favorite), played with the kids and got ready for church. We had tithing settlement at 11 and don't have church until 1:30, so we went to church then headed back home for lunch, then back to church again. In between all that, I did some baking, which I love! I'm not sure if it's how great the house smells after, the fun of doing it and having Jayne jump in and help here and there, or how good it tastes. I did a homemade chicken pot-pie for dinner, so it would be done when we got home, cause we're always starving when we get home from church so late and hate cooking then. I even did the homemade pie crust. My recipe makes 2 pies, so I have another pot pie frozen for another Sunday or crazy busy day. I just love that. I also made some homemade honey whole wheat bread! It turned out great. We'll enjoy it all week. After dinner we made carmel popcorn and watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving before putting the kids to bed. Again, nothing major, but just fun and enjoyable. We just haven't had our own space/time/home etc. in so long, it seems simple, but it was just mellow and fun. It's going to be a great week too! We had a great family night on Thanksgiving and Gratitude tonight. Looking forward to several more days of fun and family (and baking)!

**The Kids and I kicked off a great weekend on Friday. I took them on a walk over to our club and played for about 2 hours. We took a picnic lunch, played on the playground, played soccer, and ran around. It was so much fun. I then took a long run home. We went out for dinner, which we haven't done much this month, so that was a great treat for me. Here's the kids on our Friday fun day.

1 comment:

Sharyn Seymour said...

You are such a good mom! Great job on your bread and chicken pot pies. When are you going to invite me to dinner?