
Ballerina Jayne
I kind of think of today as my mother's day because it was today, 3 years ago, around 12:15am that I became a mother. I can't believe 3 years have gone by! Since I really don't feel a day over 20, I sometimes wonder just where did the time go! And sometimes I really can't believe I have a 3 year old! (If you've met her you know she's really 3 going on 13. She tried to tell me today that she wanted to be 4 and just skip 3. I told her we didn't get to skip ages, or believe me I would have way back when!) It seems so quick but at the same time it feels like we've always had Jayne with us. Jayne is truly a joy in our lives and I feel lucky to be her mom. She brightens everyone's day, has such a sweet spirit, and is one of the most friendly and talkative people you will ever meet. I not only love being her mom, but I think she's one of my most favorite people to be around. She says funny and insightful things all the time, knows how to cheer you up when you're feeling down, loves to make us laugh, and overall is very good and strives to do what's right.
For her big 3rd birthday, we've been celebrating for 3 days. We had a cousin party on Saturday with slip and slide, pizza, and cake and ice cream. Then this morning we had a special family breakfast where she got to open her presents from us, then she had a friends party this afternoon. I probably wouldn't have done a real friends party yet but because Jayne is so friendly, she has so many wonderful friends and we are moving in just a few short weeks, so I thought it would be fun to invite her best girl friends over for a little party. They had so much fun. It was 90 degree's here today (which for me is hot!), so we put out the wading pools, and sprinkler ball, the bikes, the sand/water table, the playhouse and they had a blast. We played some princess games, ate, open presents, and most of all just had fun. What a day!
This was the year of the Ballerina. Out of no where, she asked for ballet shoes, a ballet outfit and bag for her birthday. So got that, plus the ballet barbie, ballet movies, even a home ballet bar with instructional DVD. She is in heaven. I can't wait to put her in real ballet classes when she's 4.
She also started semi-private swim lessons today. She was by far the best in the class and was posing for pictures while waiting her turn while the other kids where screaming. I'd been so nervous, afraid she's be one of the ones crying too, so I'd been prepping her for weeks about what was going to happen and telling her the teacher would teach her to swim like her cousins. I think that's all it took. She was great and I can't wait to see how much she's going to learn these next 2 weeks!

3 Years Old

Friend Party

Cousin Party

First Day of Swim Lessons





6 comments:
ok, I hope you don't mind that I comment on almost all of your post. I check them daily! :)
Happy Birthday to Jayne! I hope she liked her ponies. She can always return them if she wants to.
so, you say you are moving in a few short weeks, but do you know where? have you started packing? it is a killer, especially with kids and all their stuff. good luck!
jenni, I love your comments! She LOVED the ponies. She had a few, but not the ones you got her and she loved them, especially the rainbow haired one. My sister actually got her a pony bag to carry her ponies in so she loaded it up with her new ponies and literally hasn't put the bag down. Her ponies have gone everywhere. So thank you! They were a big hit! We're moving to my parents for July and August, so that's our move. Then hopefully we'll know where we're going after that. We're just starting recruiting stuff so I'm sure it will take weeks if not months to find something. But we don't want anything until the soonest would be August.
I'm so excited you finally started a blog! Such a cute little family you have! Jayne is a mini trina!
That is so true! In fact as I read the first paragraph of this post - I can imagine myself saying the exact same things about Trina 28 years ago. Jayne is a mini-Trina! Happy Birthday Jayne. I love you! Great job Trina. What a big week it has been for you. You are going to need a trip back to the spa if you keep up this pace.
Happy Birthday to Jayne!!! It is a little crazy that you have a 3 year old and I completely understand when you said you don't feel over 20. I guess we'd be considered adults by now but I don't buy it!
Congrats to Jason as well! We're anxiously awaiting that day but we won't see if for another 1.5 years...oh well :)
p.s.--the blanket Nita gave Jasper is just beautiful...thanks!
Post a Comment