Monday, May 12, 2008

Some Recent Projects

I've done a million projects lately, but here are 2 of my favorite! My friend is having her 3rd little girl so I made the older 2 these matching shirts (their age 3 and 1). I'm getting better at my embroidery machine and love it! There are so many things I can do with it. I'm really into monogramming stuff like pottery barn right now. I monogrammed napkins and table runner for my mom for Mother's Day- very fun.

And the second favorite project was a new baby blanket for my friend Leanna. It's her first boy after 2 girls so I wanted something really different, special, and totally boy. I found this amazing new minky fabric months ago and I think it came together really cute. I might have to make Ryan one just like it cause I love it so much. I did 1 matching burp cloth to go with it. I should have done a whole set but ran out of time. Too much stuff to cram into 1 week, especially with a 2 month old and 3 year old. They were very good and patient all week why I tried to finish everything! You can't tell from the picture but all of the fabric is that super soft minky fabric and it feels like butter. The babies (and mom's) love it.


4 comments:

Laura Ek said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you have a blog now, I miss you!! Jayne is getting so big! How is LA? Hope all is good! I'll be checking in often!

Brittany said...

Hey there!!! I'm so much better at keeping in touch through blogs...sad but true :) Just glad you're on the list now!!! Did I ever say congrats with Ryan? I'm a little slow these days. Anyways, it will be good to keep in better touch now!

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

You are amazingly creative! I love those sister shirts (and the blanket you made me even more). I can't believe you finally entered the blogging world. Yeah! Now we can keep in touch!

The Jonas Family said...

I love blogging already! Don't you? It is fun doing a blog as well as reading everyone else and keeping in touch.

You have a cute family. I can't wait to hold Ryan next month! He is too cute!