Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stop and Smell the Flowers....And New Features

Maybe it's getting older and wiser or maybe it's having 2 kids now, but I realize I've been slowly transitioning from crazy worker girl to stay at home mom who enjoys the moment! My ahah moment this week has been realizing that instead of always worrying about accomplishing some huge project or task everyday, I can and should be just relishing my moments with my kids. It sounds so simple, but I guess it was a more major discovery to myself. I try to stop and smell the flowers often, but I think it would help to not have so much on my plate to start with.

Jayne is so adorable. She catches everything and is so smart. She wants to know about everything and copies everything I do. She's so fun to hang out with. Ryan is really getting this adorable personality. His first year of life we were moving around and he was a horrible sleeper (and still is) but now that we finally have our own space and this great house, it's fun to just spend time with him. I only get a few moments with just him while Jayne's at preschool and he is so fun. So, while I love crafting, sewing, trying to earn a little extra money for stuff... maybe I can just be. I can get fewer things done but do more with my kids. Once their in school I'll have LOTS of time to cram in all my crafts, volunteer work, and money making ideas :-) But don't worry, I will still be doing all those things, just maybe in smaller quantities?

Leanna's challenge: Leanna is challenging people to blog everyday for the month of June. She's having similar ahah moments about having time to reflect and enjoy. I think it will be really fun, but I'm not going to do weekends. I'll do Monday through Friday and here will be my Daily Topics:
Monday- Week Prep (FHE Idea and Food Plan for the week), I do this anyway and think it's fun to post and get your ideas

Tuesday- Taste of Tuesday, I'll post a recipe, usually something new I'll be trying or one of my favorites

Wednesday- What'cha Work'in On Wednesday, I'll post a project I'm working on for that week

Thursday- My Favorite Things

Friday- Fun Friday, Kids pics and what fun things we've been up to that week, maybe fun date ideas since we do our date nights on Fridays

The weekend is all about spending time with my family and not being on the computer. So there you have it! These are all my favorite things/topics/things I do weekly anyway, so kinda fun to post. Tune in next week for my exciting new stuff. And I'll put up the follower link so you can follow along, and I think I might even do a giveaway sometime this month. :-)

No comments: