
Our long wait for college football season and USC football to resume is over! To kickoff the celebration of Jason's bday this weekend, we took the kids to the home opening USC football game. Jason was in heaven. The kids LOVED it! I don't know what that says about us, but Ryan can't sit through sacrament meeting for an hour, but could happily sit through over 3 hours of a USC football game. And he didn't just sit through it; he cheered, clapped, pumped his hands to the fight song, and cried when I tried to take him into the tunnel to get a little shade before half time. He kept pointing out to the field. He took a 20 minute cat nap on my lap during half time and then was happy as can be right back into the game. Jason was proud. Jayne loved every minute as well, and had fun copying the cheerleaders moves, watching for the horse every time they scored, and watching the game.
We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Jason's bday, which included lots of great meals, lots of family, and lots of football. I think he was pretty happy!


We picked up Sal's sandwhiches and ate outside before the game. I love this pic with turkey hanging out of Jayne's mouth. So funny! The kids love Sal's sandwhiches as much as we do.
Thanks to my mom for making Jayne her special USC dress. I bought the fabric at Joann's and sent to my mom to make into something for Jayne. Jayne returned from her weekend with Grandma with this dress, the matching shirt, red converse sneakers, new socks and bows! She was SOOO excited!

We went to the Game with Jason's parents.

And my Dad was at the game with my uncle, so he came to see us during half time (right after Ryan's nap, hence the pacifier and dog :-). It was a double treat to get to see 2 grandpa's and a grandma on game day too!
This was Ryan through the whole game.

"I loved it! See ya next Saturday!"

Happy Birthday Jason! We love you! You're the most amazing husband and daddy! We are so thankful for you!
4 comments:
oh my goodness! that cake/dessert looks sooooo yummy!
GO USC!!! Wow, I am impressed that Ryan can sit that still for so long. Taylor would want to get down, out, play, eat, leave ...etc.
Nice trifle too!
I can't believe your kids will sit through the whole game and enjoy it. I hope Ashton will do that, I Love going to football games. Love the outfits. (sorry deleted post for typos, had to fix :))
Post a Comment