Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Does it feel like October to you?

I am so tired of being hot! It was 95 degrees today and we're only 5 miles from the beach. This is truly the endless summer! It has been hard getting into the Halloween/Fall spirit when it feels like the middle of August. I still haven't put our swim stuff away and I've already had to get Ryan the next size up suit! That's 3 sizes in 1 long summer!

So I took the kids to the pumpkin patch today to try and get us in the Halloween mood. We had a great time at this totally commercialized, overpriced pumpkin patch near the mall. It was clean, had tons of games, rides, food, decorations, anything Halloween you could ever want. Maybe we'll go back with Jason on Saturday to do the pony rides. Jayne got to pick 1 ride today and picked the swing. Ryan was a good sport as usual.

Here's wishing for jeans and sweatshirts weather......

6 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

IT is definitely different living here in Arizona, than back east with much cooler weather. Halloween costumes will not have to be all big and bulky. I remember the fun pumpkin patches we went to in Indiana. What fun! Now we just bought a pumpkin at the store.

Jayne also looks like she has a lot of color. Have you been to the beach lately? Water warm?

Trina said...

yeah, it was so hot it was making their cheeks red. I brought 2 water bottles and we drank them so fast I had to buy another there. It's been hot. We haven't been to the beach or pool much the last 2 weeks cause of moving but we went once this week and will probably go again tomorrow. I guess we'll just go with the flow! Can't wait to see what your kids will be for Halloween!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness. I'm right there with you! I want to wear a nice warm cozy coat already! This heat is killing me.

Danna said...

Too cute, Jayne looks so much like you it is crazy to see her and think of us back in Sunbeams! Oh and wasn't your birthday the 23rd?? Happy Birthday (if my swiss cheese mommy brain isn't wrong!)!!

Cicely said...

Well Hello Trina! Don't you just love finding folks out in "blog-land"! You have adorable children!!! I would love to have some of that heat up here in Washington, it is definately fall here!

Trina said...

Thank you! Yes, it was my birthday this week. Have to post some cute birthday pics with the kids. Great memory!