Monday, June 29, 2009

Fabulous Weekend!

Jason and I had a fabulous weekend! The kids really wanted to stay at my parents again, so we dropped them off Saturday morning and picked them up Sunday evening! The kids had a blast. They swam, played in the garden and huge yard, played with the new chickens my parents got, went out to eat, went to church, and watched movies. My parents love having them and my kids love being there. Jayne actually cried for about 30 minutes because we had to take her back home. But she informed us that Grandpa told her she could come back anytime she wants and she really wants to go back.

Meanwhile, Jason and I had a wonderful time! We slept in (hurrah!), went Kayaking in Newport Harbor, got to work out, went out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and played tennis for several hours. We enjoyed every minute and of course appreciated our kids even more having had a little break from them :-) Thanks again Mom and Dad!
Jayne loved the new chickens! And she loves running around my parents house/property like a wild girl. I know I loved it too!
Ryan finishing up his huge dinner from his favorite restaurant, Souplantation, where my parents always take them when their visiting. Ryan eats as much as an adult and he's free! But I think if they ever catch a glimpse of how much he really does eat there, they might change that policy for him.
Ryan loves playing in the yard there. That's all he wants to do until he collapses for his nap or to go to bed. Love it!

1 comment:

tphillips said...

I cannot believe how big your kids are getting! They are beautiful! Im glad to see all is well and you are all happy! How fun to have a little break and get some one on one time with your hubby. I love those days...but isn't it funny how much you truly do appreciate your kids even more when you are away from them.